Langsung ke konten utama

Sydney FC’s Teresa Polias: ‘I don’t like owing all your success to titles’ | Emma Kemp

The Guardian - The veteran midfielder on her W-League trophies, taking time out to have a baby, and football as a genuine career path for women When Teresa Polias was a kid she could juggle the ball more than 3,000 times. “I’d set challenges, starting at zero,” she says. “I’d run in and say ‘dad, I got 10’. Ten developed into 100, then it was a real want for more.” At the average rate of about 1,000 touches every 10 minutes, the future Sydney FC midfielder would be at it continuously for a good half-hour. “If you look at the world record though,” she continues, “it’s ridiculous, crazy. It’s like 100,000 or something. I’m not going to guess who it is, but I think it’s a Brazilian.” Continue reading...