Langsung ke konten utama

Education and football must tackle the bias that holds back black coaches | Josh Gowling

The Guardian - What is taught in school now does nothing to reduce prejudice but the sport I love has the power to change perceptions As somebody who has played football since I was tiny, spent two decades in the game and been fortunate enough to become a manager, I would like to think I am an asset to the sport. Then I remember that I am one of the very few lucky people in my position. Imagine if I had felt obliged to step away and find another profession because I didn’t feel there was a pathway for me, for no other reason than the fact people had decided there was nothing I could contribute? I know so many black and minority ethnic people who would have made fantastic managers, directors of football and coaches, but they just cannot see where the opportunities might come. Football loses some great minds because they feel the door is closed to them, and it is genuinely upsetting. Society is full of unconscious biases and, given football mirrors life closely, we have to accept they are rife here. It is a reality of everyday existence for many of us, but the topic has come to mind especially strongly in recent weeks. October is Black History Month and it has made me ask how we can address those injustices more effectively, and how football can take a lead in making it happen. Continue reading...

Postingan populer dari blog ini

Emma Hayes warns Chelsea not to take wounded Manchester City lightly

The return of the Premier League and farewell Gerd Müller – Football Weekly

Columbia vs Peru 3-2 Highlights Copa America 2021

Gerd Müller, legendary striker for Germany and Bayern Munich, dies aged 75 – video obituary

Rangers Fashion a comeback to demolish 10-man Motherwell

Ronaldo and Lukaku deals show fans’ need for new signings outstrips thirst for change | Jonathan Liew

Pep Guardiola challenges Jack Grealish to copy ‘machine’ Raheem Sterling

What does Lionel Messi’s arrival at PSG mean for Kylian Mbappé? | Eric Devin

Wilfried Zaha racially abused after Crystal Palace win at Manchester City

Benjamin Mendy: footballer remanded in custody on rape charges