Langsung ke konten utama

Preston’s accidental manager Frankie McAvoy: ‘I thought I would always be in Royal Mail’

The Guardian - The Championship club’s manager on his low profile, growing up in Matt Busby’s home town and taking a job he had never craved “I was fortunate enough that I managed to get a management role fairly early.” The accidental football manager is not talking sporting jobs. Decades ago, he had a post that acquainted him with routes; just not, generally, to the helm of Championship clubs or a touchline date with Pep Guardiola this week. “I had a fantastic 19 years with the Royal Mail,” says Frankie McAvoy, now head coach of Preston. By his own admission, his reinvention has come as a happy surprise. “I thought I would always be in Royal Mail,” added the Scot. Not since Alan Johnson went from postman to home secretary, perhaps, has a career in the postal service taken such a left-field turn. Continue reading...

Postingan populer dari blog ini

Maxwel Cornet caps Burnley’s early salvo to break duck against Brentford

Emma Hayes warns Chelsea not to take wounded Manchester City lightly

Reece James double sinks Newcastle and stretches Chelsea’s lead at top

Guardiola refuses to blame Laporte red for Manchester City’s defeat to Palace

Education and football must tackle the bias that holds back black coaches | Josh Gowling

Scottish roundup: Celtic squander late penalty in draw with Livingston

'I’ll always give it a good shot': Solskjær vows to fight back after Liverpool loss – video

Antonio Rüdiger: ‘Tuchel gave me new life – he told me what he expects’

Chelsea into Women’s FA Cup final after sweeping Manchester City aside

Championship roundup: Cardiff’s quickfire treble saves point at Stoke