Langsung ke konten utama

Preston’s accidental manager Frankie McAvoy: ‘I thought I would always be in Royal Mail’

The Guardian - The Championship club’s manager on his low profile, growing up in Matt Busby’s home town and taking a job he had never craved “I was fortunate enough that I managed to get a management role fairly early.” The accidental football manager is not talking sporting jobs. Decades ago, he had a post that acquainted him with routes; just not, generally, to the helm of Championship clubs or a touchline date with Pep Guardiola this week. “I had a fantastic 19 years with the Royal Mail,” says Frankie McAvoy, now head coach of Preston. By his own admission, his reinvention has come as a happy surprise. “I thought I would always be in Royal Mail,” added the Scot. Not since Alan Johnson went from postman to home secretary, perhaps, has a career in the postal service taken such a left-field turn. Continue reading...